The Bible is at the heart of everything we do, and our entire curriculum is taught from a Biblical perspective. Every student studies the Bible as an academic core subject, but the Bible goes beyond Bible class at ECS.
A worldview is the framework from which we view reality and make sense of life and the world. A personal worldview is the combination of all you believe to be true, and what you believe becomes the driving force behind every emotion, decision, and action. Biblical integration uses the trust of God’s Word as the foundation to interpret all things, thus forming a Biblical worldview. Examples include:
Being a Christian school is much more than using Christian textbooks. ECS pursues curriculum which is aligned with, and exceeds, Indiana’s College and Career-Ready Standards. Critical thinking skills and a variety of teaching methods and activities enrich and balance knowledge, in order to reach students with a variety of learning styles.
With the Bible as our foundation, we are intentional in the coordination of our curriculum, experiences, opportunities, staffing, and plans to further our mission, inspire students, and glorify the Lord! We integrate the spiritual dimension throughout our school and all subjects are taught from a Biblical worldview. Students have daily prayer/devotion time, memorize scripture, attend chapel, interact with missionaries, and have a dedicated Bible class.
ECS is intentional about the vertical alignment from preschool through twelfth grade for spiritual instruction (includes Bible class, biblical integration of all subjects, service projects, Bible memory, chapels, grade level Bible standards, scope and sequence, etc). Other examples include:
- Place significant emphasis on professional & spiritual development of staff.
- Build a foundation of Biblical values and character.
- Provide opportunities for Christian service and leadership.
- Engage students in leading worship in chapel at all ages.
- Partner with pastors and the community (serve as a unifying ministry).
- Hold Bible studies for various groups, often based on student request.
- Include an evangelical message throughout our school.
- Encourage students to discuss culturally relevant issues in a safe environment.
- Serve the community, participate in various projects, and serve our church partners, including Uncharted International, YoungLife, etc.
They will soar on wings as eagles. – Isaiah 40:31